The Director Logistics is responsible for selling and managing transportation brokerage services for the FTS brokerage division. The primary functions of the position will focus on developing relationships with existing and potential customers and carriers, securing new business relationships, negotiating transportation cost of hire with freight carriers, qualifying carriers, initiating and monitoring completion of contracts, monitoring and tracking of transportation services and providing exceptional customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain relationships with new and existing brokerage transportation providers and customers. Develop and establish a strong database of carriers.
- Source and solicit new business as necessary to maintain efficient handling of our freight.
- Responsible for rate negotiation that will maximize profit while maintaining customer and carrier relationships.
- Maintain a solid understanding of current market conditions and business trends.
- Evaluate customer needs and carrier costs to establish profitable quotes.
- Understand carrier costs and rates. Negotiate with the carrier to determine cost of shipment.
- Ensure customer quotes meet or exceed established levels of profitability.
- Responsible for closing the sale with the customer.
- Enter, verify, and maintain all customer information in the operating system. Update customer profiles as required.
- Process and accurately build freight loads within our McLeod freight operating system.
- Schedule pick up and delivery appointments. Confirm rate and credit information prior to dispatch.
- Monitor, track and update shipments in-transit and communicate status to customer.
- Provide support and assistance on any issues that may arise in regard to a shipment with drivers, carriers, and customers.
- Ensure a balance of safety, customer service and organizational values on all shipments.
- Provide superior customer service and impeccable follow-up with all parties involved with each shipment.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Will be required to perform other duties and special projects as requested, directed or assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to interface with customers, carriers, and drivers at all levels.
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to use sound judgment in negotiation and decision making
- Strong planning and analytical skills with ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Windows or related windows software
- Minimum typing skills of 50.wpm with 95% accuracy
- General knowledge of U.S. geography
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Education and/or Experience
- College degree preferred in Business Management or Logistics, or equivalent experience.
- Five years of truckload brokerage experience, preferably in both dry van and flat bed operations.
- Experience in Customer Service / Inside sales practices.
- Experience in Transportation field with knowledge of DOT regulations in trucking industry.
- Company proprietary and confidential
- McLeod Software dispatch System
- Computer aided dispatch system
- Qualcomm Communication System
Working Conditions and Environment
- General office environment – moderate noise levels
- No environmental hazards indicated for this classification
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, listen, walk, stand, work with their hands and occasionally reach, grab, and bend.
- Flex Spending Account
- 401K, Profit Sharing
- Vacation, Holiday, Sick Leave
Please either apply online thru the form below, send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 866-508-2058.