Your path to a rewarding career with a growing company starts at FCC! FCC has been in business for over 50 years and has developed a reputation as a strong industry leader in the transportation arena by providing quality, award-winning services to our customers.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for a Facility Maintenance Position at our Fremont location in Nebraska. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will be responsible for performing the general cleaning and upkeep of the property grounds and building. This is not just another maintenance job – this is an exciting career opportunity!
The primary responsibility of this position is to perform daily general cleaning and upkeep of property grounds and facilities as assigned. This position may also be responsible for pick-up and delivery of truck equipment to designated vendor locations as directed. A CDL Class A license is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform general maintenance and clean-up of the facility buildings to include: general shop cleaning, sweeping, trash pickup/removal, and cleaning of the concrete areas around the fuel islands and in front of all the drive-through shop bays.
- Perform general cleaning of the driver and technician facilities to include showers, locker rooms, and lounge areas.
- Perform general maintenance and upkeep of the grounds. This will include the operation of yard maintenance equipment utilized in mowing, trimming, edging, and general landscaping.
- Must be able to perform minor maintenance on equipment such as checking oil and fluid levels.
- Perform winter weather building and grounds cleanup which includes snow removal and de-icing from parking lots, sidewalks, and building entrances.
- Maintain a clean, safe work area free of clutter and in compliance with established safety standards.
- Handle basic maintenance of the FCC vehicle fleet to include filling tanks with gas, keeping vehicles clean, and making sure required inspections and maintenance are performed. Advises manager if vehicles need repairs and maintenance.
- Deliver and pickup trucks and trailers locally from dealerships for repairs.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will be required to perform other duties and special projects as requested, directed or assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to organize and multi-task
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient skills in operating various power tools and equipment
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Valid CDL Class A license required
- Company proprietary and confidential
- MSDS Compliance Standards
- EPA Compliance Standards
- OSHA Compliance Standards
Working Conditions and Environment
- The nature of the environment is one in which the employee will come in daily contact with wet/damp conditions, outside weather conditions, vibration, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold or extreme heat and excessive noise levels. Proper personal protective equipment must be used.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand for extended periods of time, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk or hear.
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Position is physically demanding and tasks performed are repetitive in nature.
By choosing a career with Fremont Contract Carriers, we improve your life by offering:
- A comprehensive and industry competitive pay package
- 401(k) savings plan with company match, plus company profit-sharing plan
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Company-paid life insurance along with the opportunity to participate in voluntary insurance products
- Strong work/life balance that includes paid holidays, vacation and sick time.
- A great family-oriented work environment
Apply for this position:
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the FCC Family. Qualified candidates, send resume to Human Resources Department.
FCC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information, veteran status or other status protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to join our growing team! Interested candidates can complete an online application, send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (402) 721-3020 ext. 106 for details.