Fremont Contract Carriers is offering an excellent opportunity to join our growing organization. We are looking for an Off Hours Fleet Coordinator in our Fremont, NE operation. This full-time position is a secondary dispatcher function for support to continue operations through the evening hours and weekends.
FCC has been in business for over 50 years and has developed a reputation as a strong industry leader by providing high quality, award-winning transportation services to our customers. FCC operates over 450 trucks, 1200 high-cubed dry vans, and 100 flatbed, curtain-side, and step deck trailers.
The Off Hours Fleet Coordinator is a key role responsible for business continuity throughout the off business hours. This position serves as the backup to dispatch and customer service and is responsible for answering to our customer’s needs and assisting our driver force to ensure continuous operations through the evening hours and the weekend. This is a full time position working a rotation of 7 days on then 7 days off, Monday through Sunday, 6:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute the daily plan as established and confirmed by Customer Service and Fleet Managers.
- Monitor, answer and process messages from drivers through the mobile communication system.
- Answer telephone calls from drivers regarding home time, swap/splits, routing issues and all other general problems that may arise.
- Assure efficient handling of all fax and phone communications.
- Monitor assigned, committed, and late load status. Report service exceptions and/or customer service issues or concerns – Notify Customer Service Manager/Fleet Managers, consignees/shippers on all late loads or missed pickups.
- Troubleshoot problems that drivers have such as late loads, load assignment, routing, permits, lumpers, advances, locating empty trailers, and overweight problems.
- Follow established procedures for all safety and service related issues. Perform complete and timely incident / accident reports.
- Provide excellent customer service in accordance with company policy
- Perform various duties as needed, i.e. copying, calling customers for directions and late loads, retrieving directions from the navigation system, etc.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisory personnel.
This job is highly demanding and requires patience and professionalism. Experience in the transportation industry is preferred but we will train the right individual.
- College degree in related field is preferred, but not required
- Organizational skills for planning, decision-making and executing with excellence
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at once and make balanced choices
- Excellent verbal/written competencies and overall communication effectiveness
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and work within a team structure
- Ability to learn and build upon FCC and industry specific information
- Self-managed; ability to perform job requirements with minimal supervision
- Possess a high level of energy and initiative, strong work ethic
- Excellent computer skills, with an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows or related windows software.
Professional, fast-paced, team environment where customer focus is a must. This position will monitor daily activities of our drivers and maintain the integrity of the company and our customers while delivering customer orders on time, without damage.
Join the FCC Family today! We provide excellent pay and a FULL benefits package including healthcare, dental/vision and 401K plus a great family oriented work environment. Interested candidates, send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org