We are a family at Fremont Contract Carriers and we know how important your family is to you. This is why we want to announce an opportunity for FCC families to get college financial help from the TCA Scholarship Fund.
Truckload Carriers Association Scholarship fund was established in 1973. The scholarship awards up to $6,250 per year, per full-time undergraduate student. The student must show financial need, scholastic achievement, full-time student status, and have high character and integrity.
Any student in good standing (minimum grade point average of 3.0) who will be attending an accredited four-year college or university as a freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior and who is either
- the child, grandchild, or spouse of an FCC employee or,
- the child, grandchild, or spouse of an FCC independent contractor
How to Apply
The TCA scholarship application opened on May 1, 2020, and will close on July 10, 2020.
A potential candidate for a scholarship must:
- Submit a complete online application to the Truckload Carriers Association. Applications can be accessed at www.truckload.org/scholarships
- Send the association an official transcript of all courses and grades from Spring 2020;
- Send the association a course schedule (if available) for Fall 2020;
- Provide the name, department, address, and telephone number of the person at the college or university to which the scholarship check should be sent for disbursement; and
- Send the association a headshot of a 300 dpi resolution or over 1 MB in size.
If you or someone in your family fits this description, we encourage you to apply. The Truckload Carriers Association will be awarding 50 students connected to companies who are TCA members with this scholarship for the 2019-2020 school year and we would love for some of those students to be connected to FCC.
For additional information and to access the application, visit: www.truckload.org/scholarships