Fremont Contract Carriers currently has openings in our Fremont Nebraska facility for Wash Bay Attendants. We are seeking self-motivated, energetic people to join our team. No experience necessary! Job duties include washing the exterior of semi-trucks and trailers, along with clean-up, and general maintenance of the wash bay area. This is an hourly position working Monday – Friday with rotating Saturday mornings.
FCC has been in business for over 50 years and has developed a reputation as a strong industry leader in providing high quality, award-winning transportation services to our customers. FCC operates 400 trucks, 1000 high-cubed dry vans and 100 flatbed, curtain-side and step deck trailers.
The primary responsibility of this position is to perform the required cleaning and washing of company-owned tractor and trailer equipment as well as owner operator equipment in a productive manner while adhering to established quality and safety standards. This position will also assist in the general maintenance and clean-up of the facility and the grounds as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Operates wash bay equipment such as machinery, hand brushes, etc. to clean exterior of trucks and clean inside and outside of trailers by performing the following duties:
- Perform power washing of tractors and trailers, company and owner-operator.
- Perform detail cleaning of tractors, company and owner operator
- Perform washing and cleaning of all company equipment; cars, pickup, mowers, etc.
- Operate wash bay equipment in a safe manner in compliance with established safety standards
- Personal safety when performing cleaning operations on tractors and/or trailers
- Maintaining an environment of cleanliness and safety within the wash bay.
- Disposal of all waste products, both hazardous and non-hazardous.
- Properly use cleaning equipment that may weigh as much as 100 lbs.
- Maintain a clean, safe work area free of clutter and in compliance with established OSHA regulations and safety standards
- Perform required documentation of equipment scheduled for cleaning.
- Perform de-identifying of equipment as assigned.
- Perform general maintenance and clean-up of the buildings and grounds to include: yard work, mowing, watering, shop cleaning, trash pickup, sweeping, snow removal, etc.
- Provides excellent customer service assistance as needed.
- Performs related work assigned by supervisor as required.
Qualifications and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and reliable transportation to and from work
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a strong work history**
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Self-starter with detail oriented work habits
- Display professional demeanor
- Good interpersonal skills; able to work well with wide range of individuals
- Demonstrate dependability through good attendance and adherence to timelines and schedules
Candidate must be able to pass a job-specific, post-offer physical prior to beginning employment.
Working Conditions and Environment:
The nature of the environment is one in which the employee will come in daily contact with wet/damp conditions, outside weather conditions, vibration, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold or extreme heat and excessive noise levels.
- This position requires constant forward reaching, grasping and finger manipulation; also requires frequent sitting, standing, bending, kneeling, stooping, squatting, and hand control.
- Position is physically demanding and tasks performed are repetitive in nature.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time on a concrete floor; repeatedly reach above shoulder level an unlimited numbers of times daily, walk, bend, reach, push, pull, stoop, kneel, squat, finger dexterity, feeling, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual activity
- The employee will utilize high-pressure washers and chemicals for cleaning.
- Candidate must be able to lift and carry up to 50lbs and push and pull up to 15lbs.
- Applicants must be confident with working off of ladders.
FCC offers an excellent compensation and benefits package which includes medical, dental and vision insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid holidays, vacation and sick time, life insurance, 401K with company match, profit sharing, and the opportunity to grow and prosper with an industry leader.
Please either apply online thru the form below, send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 866-508-2058.