Fremont Contract Carriers, a premier truckload transportation and logistics company, has an immediate opening for a Tractor/Trailer Fleet Mechanic in our Fremont, NE Maintenance Facility. We are looking for motivated and success-driven individuals with strong, well-rounded backgrounds in the transportation industry. Position requires exceptional communication and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
FCC has been in business for over 50 years and has developed a reputation as a strong industry leader in providing high quality, award-winning transportation services to our customers. FCC operates 400 trucks, 1000 high-cubed dry vans and 100 flatbed, curtain-side and step deck trailers.
The primary function of this position includes, but is not limited to, performing the maintenance, service, and related repairs of FCC tractor and trailer equipment and any related mechanical components as directed by the shift supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform service, maintenance and repair of all FCC company tractor and trailer equipment as assigned.
- Perform diagnostics and repairs of the tractor fleet to include but not limited to; engines, transmissions, brake systems, ABS, electronic components, air systems, APU units, air conditioning/heating systems, and tractor body parts.
- Perform preventative maintenance to comply with DOT regulations.
- Perform quarterly inspections on fleet tractors and independent contractor equipment.
- Perform installation and/or de-installation of Qualcomm communication equipment on fleet tractors and independent contractor equipment.
- Perform diagnostics, maintenance, and repairs of the Qualcomm communication equipment.
- Perform tractor inspections to prepare tractor for next driver.
- Drive trucks in and out of shop before and after repairs.
- Operate all equipment in a safe manner in compliance with established safety standards.
- Maintain a clean, safe work area free of clutter and in compliance with established safety standards.
- Accurately perform required documentation of equipment scheduled for inspection and repair in a timely fashion.
- Perform de-identifying of equipment as assigned.
- Perform general maintenance and clean up of the buildings and grounds to include: yard work, shop cleaning, trash pickup, sweeping, snow removal, etc.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Will be required to perform other duties and special projects as requested, directed or assigned by management.
Qualifications and/or Experience:
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or
- Two years of mechanical related experience in the transportation, heavy equipment or automotive industry; or, equivalent combination of education or experience.
Certificates and Training Requirements:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL-A) preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong time management and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both oral and written.
- General knowledge and proficient use of a computer and computer programs is required for completion of shop work orders and recordkeeping.
- Ability to interact effectively, and courteously with drivers and other employees
- Ability to work as a part of a team.
- Ability to read and understand repair manuals.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills.
- Welding skills are a plus.
- Uniforms are provided.
- Must provide advanced set of hand tools,(wrenches, sockets, ratchets, etc.), and a rollaway toolbox.
- Safety glasses are required.
- Safety shoes are required. (Steel toe is optional)
Working Conditions and Environment:
The nature of the environment is one in which the employee may come in contact with outside weather conditions, vibrations, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold or extreme heat and excessive noise.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand for extended periods of time, walk, talk and hear. Employee will frequently perform bending, crouching, kneeling, climbing, working with their hands, and reaching and grabbing with hands and arms.
Position is physically demanding and tasks performed are repetitive in nature.
Ability to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds as required.
- State of the Art Facilities
- Great Work Environment
- Competitive Pay Package based on Experience
- Full Benefits Package to include:
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Holiday Pay
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Voluntary Insurance
- 401(k) and Profit Sharing
Day and Evening shifts are available, Monday through Friday.
Please either apply online thru the form below, send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 866-508-2058.