We are honored to be a part of the top 20 Best Fleets to Drive For list for the 13th year since the program was founded 15 years ago. At Fremont Contract Carriers, we believe in taking care of our drivers, as they are not only the backbone of this organization but of our country as well. Although we do not do this for the recognition, we do appreciate the Best Fleets to Drive For organization and their work to recognize trucking companies who put their employees first. Best Fleets to Drive For does not take this title lightly, and we appreciate that as well.
Truckload Carriers Association (TCA) and CarriersEdge have unveiled the 2023 Top 20 Best Fleets to Drive For, comprised of for-hire trucking companies from across North America that are being recognized for providing exemplary work environments for their professional truck drivers and employees.
To be considered for the Best Fleets program, for-hire companies operating 10 or more tractor trailers had to receive a nomination from one of their company drivers or owner-operators. The fleets were then evaluated using a scoring matrix covering a variety of categories, including total compensation, health benefits, performance management, professional development, and career path/advancement opportunities, among other criteria. Driver surveys were also conducted to collect input from drivers and independent contractors working with the fleets.
“This year we saw 165 fleets nominated by their drivers for this program and a record-breaking 95 finalists,” said CarriersEdge Chief Executive Officer Jane Jazrawy. “This year’s Top 20 and Hall of Fame fleets rose to the top with a range of inventive and effective programs, that reflect true innovation and creative thinking.”
Two overall winners – one each in large and small fleet categories – will be named during TCA’s Annual Convention March 4-7 at the Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Centre in Kissimmee, Florida.
2023 Top 20 winners:
- American Central Transport – Kansas City, MO
- C.A.T. Inc. – Coteau-du-Lac, QC
- Challenger Motor Freight Inc. – Cambridge, ON
- Chief Carriers, Inc. – Grand Island, NE
- Continental Express, Inc. – Sidney, OH
- Decker Truck Line, Inc. – Fort Dodge, IA
- Erb Transport – New Hamburg, ON
- Fortigo Freight Services Inc. – Etobicoke, ON
- Fremont Contract Carriers, Inc. – Fremont, NE
- Jetco Delivery a GTI Company – Houston, TX
- K & J Trucking, Inc. – Sioux Falls, SD
- Kriska Holdings Limited – Prescott, ON
- Leonard’s Express – Farmington, NY
- Nick Strimbu, Inc. – Brookfield, OH
- PGT Trucking, Inc. – Aliquippa, PA
- Thomas E. Keller Trucking Inc. – Defiance, OH
- TLD Logistics Services, Inc. – Knoxville, TN
- Transland – Strafford, MO
- Veriha Trucking, Inc. – Marinette, WI
- Wellington Group of Companies – Aberfoyle, ON
Last year, TCA and CarriersEdge expanded the program by adding a Hall of Fame category. This recognition level is above the regular Top 20 and honors fleets demonstrating Top 20 performance for extended periods of time. To be eligible for the Hall of Fame, fleets must be named as a Best Fleet for 10 consecutive years, or 7 years with at least one overall award, and must continue to qualify as a Top 20 to be eligible. While the fleets inducted last year have maintained their exemplary status, two additional fleets have earned the honor this year and will be inducted into the Best Fleets to Drive For Hall of Fame, sponsored by EpicVue.